As you may know from my previous posts, in-between writing, gardening and preparing for the up coming semester, I have been on the hunt for the perfect white wine butter sauce. After trying and tweaking many different recipes, I have come up with just the right one. It started out with the the recipe for “Chicken in Buttered White Wine Pan Sauce” from Framed Cooks. Each time I made it, I changed a few things to make it better fit my tastes until I came up with the recipe listed below.
- ½ pound of chicken (tenders or thin cut breasts)
- ¾ cups sweet white wine (Niagara, Riesling or Pinot Grigio work well)
- 1 cup chicken broth from bullion cube (or homemade stock or box stock)
- half of a bell pepper (any color)
- 1 shallot
- half a zucchini
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Coat the pan with 1 tbs of olive oil. Melt one table spoon of butter in the olive oil and swirl it together.
- Cook the chicken all the way through (165 degrees F) then remove and set aside.
- Add the shallot and the pepper. Sauté until they starting to get tender. Add zucchini and sauté until both the zucchini and peppers are tender.
- Add ¾ cups of white wine.
- Simmer until reduced to a few tablespoons (coating the pan but not too deep and starting to thicken just a tiny but). While its in the process of reducing, dissolve the chicken bullion cube in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Add chicken broth
- Simmer for five minutes
- Add 4 tablespoons of butter cut into little squares or rectangles
- Start the water for pasta.
- Stir until the butter is melted.
- Sprinkle in parsley and salt.
- Add two squirts of lemon juice.
- Add Chick back in and keep it on low, occasionally stirring and flipping the chicken so it gets all coated in the sauce.
- When the pasta is done, the mean is ready. Pour sauce and veggies over the pasta.
One last note: When I can, I try to use local products to make this. This time around, the wine, shallots and zucchini where the only local ingredients. However, now that I’m part of a meat share, I’ll be cooking with local meats, and hopefully, my bell peppers will hurry up and get ripe now that it is august.
2 thoughts on “Chicken, Vegetables and Pasta with White wine Butter Sauce”
I am SO making this! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
It is super yummy! This is the one that usually results in me being a little tipsy because I drink the wine while I’m cooking…